Gypsum Exterior Sheathing
Atlas Web Technologies provides the gypsum exterior sheathing industry with a coated fiberglass facer (CGF) that is applied to the gypsum core thus giving superior dimensional stability, improved fastener pull through resistance, water resistance, as well as many other benefits. WEBTECH® CGF provides superior weather resistance that allows commercial and residential builders to apply the gypsum product behind stucco, brick, siding, EIFS, and other exterior veneers.
The Atlas Web Technologies Coated Glass Facers that are manufactured for gypsum exterior sheathing products are usually constructed of a glass fiber wet process mat coated with a latex based, highly inorganic filled coating. The glass mat serves as reinforcement for the coating, and also the end product for improved features. Testing of WEBTECH® CGF shows it will not support the growth of mold and mildew.
Atlas Web Technologies has printing and coloring capabilities for all CGF products as well as the ability to provide branding through the use of company logos, messages, etc.
WEBTECH® CGF substrate is constructed of a glass fiber wet process mat coated with a latex based, inorganic filled, coating. The glass mat serves as reinforcement for the coating, and also the end product for improved dimensional stability. CGF and its rolls have the following product features and specifications:
- Basis Weight (mat) = 1.0-4.0 lbs./100 ft²
- Caliper = 15-65+ mils
- Tensile, machine direction = 100-lbs pli minimum
- Moisture = 0.2% to 2.0%
- Roll width can be up to 12" to 60" as specified by customer
- Roll diameter can be from 36" minimum up to 71" maximum, as specified by customer
- The heavy duty core is 6" I.D.
- Each roll is tightly wound for proper payoff while unwinding the roll.
- No roll splices occur within 6" of core or within 2" of the outer diameter. Splices will be flagged on the side of the roll - i.e. clearly marked. A roll will not contain more than 1 splice.
- Each roll is labeled with production date, shift, roll number,
length, roll weight and product number.
- Loading configuration of rolls will depend upon the roll size ordered, customer preference and to minimize damage during shipment.