Back to Jobs
Territory Sales Representative
- Build an ongoing relationship at the Contractor, Dealer, Distributor and Builder level.
- Maintain current knowledgeable of all Atlas Products, Programs, and Sales & Marketing Tools.
- Maintain awareness of market pricing, product innovations, competitive product lines and market trends that may affect your market.
- Help establish and maintain competitive Market pricing through timely and accurate gathering and communication of competitive Market information.
- Communicate accurate information daily with Regional Sales Manager, Plant Manager, Account Executives, and other Field Sales Representatives on developments impacting their areas of responsibility.
- Communicate with customers in a timely manner.
- Inspect and assist in resolving complaints that develop periodically in a timely and professional manner that will maintain business on a steady growth pattern. Provide adequate follow-up.
- Collaborate with contractors and dealers for pull-though sales of Atlas products to our distributors and ensures Atlas has adequate distribution in the assigned market area.
- Provide the necessary literature, samples, technical data, and other advertising materials needed in the field.
- Communicate any known or suspected credit issues with a distributor to the Credit Department. Submit all required credit documents to the Credit Department when developing new accounts.
- Promote and display the entire family of Atlas products by attending distributor, dealer, and builder shows.
- Promote new products and keeps customers informed of promotions, special offers, and incentive opportunities.
- Participate in joint sales calls with distributor and dealer sales people.
- Design business plans that meet both Atlas and distributor’s expectations. Evaluate customer performance on a quarterly and yearly basis and reports the results to the Regional Marketing Manager.
- Follow-up on quotes and ensure the proper documentation has been sent to the appropriate Account Executives and the Pricing Administrator.
- Travel in assigned territory in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Maintain awareness of budgeted goals throughout the year. Knows where you are and strides to exceed goals.
- Submit accurate expense reports. Maintain a reasonable ratio of sales expenses to volume of sales as assigned in yearly budget.
- Project a professional image by maintaining proper dress code, vehicle appearance, and correct use of language.
- Two (2) year' experience in the building material industry or at least four (4) years in a field sales capacity is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional selling skills are critical
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations
- Present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees, and the general public
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PeopleSoft)
- Responds to customer requests in a timely manner
- Acts fairly and ethically in all business dealings
Education, Licenses & Certification
- Four (4) year degree is preferred
- 76-100% travel. Weekly territory travel is required.
How did you hear about this position?