Back to Jobs
- Develop production schedules for all areas of production including fabrication, production lines, etc
- Collaborate closely with Customer Service and Production to schedule orders in such a way as to maximize company assets, while also meeting customer requirements
- Collaborate closely with Freight Coordinator to schedule timely, accurate delivery of full or consolidated loads
- Provide direction/information to production supervisor to assist with determining staffing needs
- Communicate ordering trends to production and others in order to plan for a sufficient and efficient labor force
- Coordinate scheduling loads and pick-ups
- Assist in creating and maintaining scheduling programs
- Collaborate to effectively meet customer delivery requirements while maximizing full truckload shipments
- Participate in monthly inventory of raw material as well as finished goods
- Coordinate with Maintenance to schedule machine preventive maintenance
- Track and effectively utilize inventory of select finished goods on floor in scheduling production
- Visits customers and vendors as requested and required
- Assist Quality and Production as necessary in the investigation of complaints and returned products
- Collaborate closely with Production Supervisor and maintenance in order to schedule routine and emergency machine repairs
- Utilize ERP system, including reports, to more effectively schedule
- Enter scheduling information into PeopleSoft, and other data tracking programs as necessary
- Assist sales staff as necessary to satisfy the customer
- Provide backup assistance to Freight Coordinator
- Participate in lean initiatives in production and office environments
- Three (3) to five (5) years manufacturing experience in production management, planning/scheduling or logistics
- Experience with inventory and logistics a plus
- Experience with ERP systems, and various computer tools
- Supervisor/Manager experience preferred
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of production scheduling, equipment, and production processes.
- Ability to learn quickly, multi-task, follow up and follow through, attention to details and accuracy is imperative.
- Must have tolerance for change and a fast-paced environment.
- Must have exceptional interpersonal communication skills to work with all departments, and internal/external customers and vendors.
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft ERP system a plus!
Education, Licenses & Certification
- Two (2) or four (4) year college degree in related field or equivalent years of manufacturing scheduling experience.
- Join our team at this career-building juncture as we implement Atlas' ERP system (PeopleSoft) in our newest plant in Missouri.
How did you hear about this position?