Back to Jobs
Territory Sales Representative
- Build an ongoing relationship with the Contractor, Dealer, Distributor, and Builder level
- Maintain current knowledge of all Atlas Products, Programs, and Sales & Marketing Tools
- Maintain current awareness of market pricing, product innovations, competitive product lines, and market trends that may affect your market
- Help establish and maintain competitive Market pricing through timely and accurate gathering and communication of competitive Market information
- Communicate precise information daily with Regional Sales Manager, Plant Manager, Account Executives, and other Field Sales Representatives on developments impacting their areas of responsibility
- Communicate with customers promptly
- Inspect and assist in resolving complaints that develop periodically in a timely and professional manner that will maintain business on a steady growth pattern; provide appropriate follow-up
- Work with contractors and dealers for pull-through sales of Atlas products to our distributors and ensures Atlas has adequate distribution in the assigned market area
- Provide the necessary literature, samples, technical data, and other advertising materials needed in the field
- Communicate any known or suspected credit issues with a distributor to the Credit Department; submit all required credit documents to the Credit Department when developing new accounts
- Promote and display the entire family of Atlas products by attending distributor, dealer, and builder shows
- Promote new products and keeps customers informed of promotions, special offers, and incentive opportunities
- Participate in joint sales calls with distributor and dealer salespeople.
- Design business plans that meet both Atlas and distributor’s expectations; evaluates customer performance on a quarterly and yearly basis and reports the results to the Regional Marketing Manager
- Follow up on quotes and ensure the proper documentation is sent to the appropriate Account Executives and the Pricing Administrator
- Travel in assigned territory in a timely and cost-effective manner
- Keep aware of, strives and exceed goals throughout the year
- Submit accurate expense reports; maintains a reasonable ratio of sales expenses to volume of sales as assigned in yearly budget
- Project a professional image by keeping proper dress code, vehicle appearance, and correct use of language
- Two (2) year' experience in the building material industry or at least four (4) years in a field sales capacity is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Professional selling skills are critical
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures and government regulations
- Ability to present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees, and the general public
- Ability to respond to customer requests promptly
- Ability to act justly and ethically in all business dealings
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, People Soft)
Education, Licenses & Certification
- Four (4) year degree is preferred
- 76-100% travel. Weekly territory travel is required.
How did you hear about this position?