Back to Jobs
Quality Control Technician
Assist in inspection and testing of all finished products and raw material to ensure they meet Atlas quality specifications.
Keep all manufacturing specifications, test results on complaints, UL material and new product information confidential
Check material for defects.
Monitor product changes.
Test facer material using approved test methods and precision equipment to ensure that no defective material reaches the customer.
Keep reports and records on all tests performed.
Keep daily logbook on operations.
Keep all testing equipment clean and in good working condition
Keep lab clean and neat
Maintain good working relationship with production supervisors and work with supervisors in solving problems resulting in defective material
- 2 years experience in roofing or coated glass facer manufacturing
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
PC literate, ability to effectively utilize Excel (spreadsheet), Word, email, Power Point
- Ability to learn quickly and retain a large amount of detail regarding customer and products
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail
- Ability to deal effectively with changes in customer orders, notifying production if already in process
- Ability to communicate clearly (both orally and written) to personnel from a variety of functional areas
- Ability to enter, manipulate and retrieve data from the computer
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate with a wide variety of personnel
- Professional presentation to represent Web Technologies to customers and and the public
- Fluent in English (Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- Advanced math skills (Able to do statistical analysis)
- Identifies concepts and issues of a problem
- Applies sound judgment and reason to a solution
Education, Licenses & Certification
- High school or equivalent required
- College degree preferred
How did you hear about this position?