Back to Jobs
- Reads work order or follow oral instructions to ascertain materials containers to be moved.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks, and shelves by hand.
- Loads materials into vehicles and installs strapping, bracing, or padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Counts, weighs, and records number of units of materials or marks information on cases, bales, or other containers.
- Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands together.
- Clamps section of portable conveyor together or places conveyor sections on blocks or boxes to facilitate movement of materials or products.
- Removes samples of materials, labels with identifying information, and takes samples to laboratory for analysis.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines and equipment to assist machine operators.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs such as realigning belts or replacing rollers.
- Assembles crates to contain products such as machines or vehicles.
- Shovels loose materials such as sand, gravel, metals, plastics or chemicals into machine hoppers or into vehicles and containers such as wheelbarrows, scrap truck, or barrels.
- Operates industrial truck or hoist to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- 3-6 months of working experience in an industrial / manufacturing setting or equivalent combination or experience and education.
- Forklift Certification preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Meets productivity standards, completes work in timely manner, and strives to increase productivity.
- Observes safety and security procedures, reports potentially unsafe conditions, and uses equipment properly.
- Consistently at work and on time, remains on duty until relieved or given permission to leave.
- Follows instructions, commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals, ans completes task on time or notifies appropriate person as needed.
- Basic understanding of computers.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
Education, Licenses & Certification
- High School diploma or general education diploma (GED)
- Applicants are required to have language skills in English at Native or bilingual proficiency level
- Working days vary between weekdays and weekends
- Normal work shifts: Rotating
- Overtime may be required for this position
- Full-time, Permanent
- Must be able to climb stairs, stand for extended periods of time, stoop, kneel, and safely lift up to 100 lbs.
- Must be able to use hands and fingers to handle, feel, and/or reach.
- Must be able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to occasionally work in a wet and /or humid conditions and outside weather conditions.
- The noise level is usually moderate.
How did you hear about this position?