Back to Jobs
- Repairs, maintains, and installs plant’s machines and equipment.
- Performs electrical/electronic maintenance, construction, layout, installation, repairs and controls according to established practices and methods.
- Assembles, disassembles or installs mechanical, electrical/electronic equipment working from engineering drawings, and field sketches.
- Reads, calibrates, and maintains electrical metering and control devices.
- Cleans and maintains motors, pumps, and parts.
- Maintains logs, records and histories of work and equipment.
- Participates in plant preventative maintenance programs by performing routine preventive maintenance as required without supervision
- Moves equipment as required using powered or manually operated equipment.
- Writes requests for parts to be purchased and works with purchasing to ensure correct parts are ordered.
- Actively participates in the safety program at the plant.
- Supports lean initiatives and corrective action items.
- Responds to production calls.
- There are no required travel requirements, outside 50 mile radius of the plant, for this position.
- Operates a fork lift/man lift.
- Performs operator inspector of equipment; checks fluid levels and various component systems for malfunctions.
- One year related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to use rigs ladders and scaffolding to accomplish necessary work.
- Ability to write, read, and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts, such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to forecasting and other practical situations.
- Required to work rotating shifts and overtime as needed.
Education, Licenses & Certification
- Associates degree or equivalent from two-year College or technical school preferred; or one year related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Regularly required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to sit and use hand to finger, handle or feel, lifting at 50 to 100 lbs.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
- Required close vision, distance vision, and the ability to distinguish colors (not color blind).
How did you hear about this position?