Back to Jobs
Dry End Operator
- Visually inspect all boards being stacked and set aside any questionable quality boards to be reselected.
- Stack boards in a neat bundle with smooth edges and proper piece counts.
- Assist in start-up and shut down of production line and mid-day job and/or head changes.
- Perform minor maintenance such as scraping excess resin build-up on main and side flytes.
- Perform job rotations on qualified line positions as determined by the acting supervisor.
- Train temporary employees and new hires.
- Responsible for keeping all equipment and surrounding areas clean and well organized.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is a plus
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to comprehend written or oral simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to present information one-on-one or in small groups to customers, clients, management, vendors and other Atlas employees in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio and percent. Ability to draw and interpret charts and graphs.
- Have a thorough understanding of all safety equipment, policies, procedures and precautions in the specific work area and plant-wide.
- Have a thorough knowledge of all machinery controls, functions, operation and life safety systems.
Education, Licenses & Certification
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED)
- Must be able to stand, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk and climb. Must be able to regularly lift 35 lbs. and push up to 500 lbs. across gravity rollers.
How did you hear about this position?