Back to Jobs
Maintenance "C" Mechanic
- Responsible for installing, repairing, adjusting, modifying, troubleshooting and performing preventative maintenance on all types of plant and facility equipment.
- Responsible for following all plant safety rules.
- Will inspect, dismantle, repair, replace, install, clean and assemble as necessary to maintain equipment/buildings as necessary.
- Able to communicate information to maintenance supervision and engineers to assist in operations.
- Interprets blue prints for equipment information and installation.
- Works with maintenance supervision to ensure sufficient level of supplies for mechanical equipment.
- Utilizes torches, welders and burning equipment.
- Maintains daily shift inspection and repair logs for review by supervision and other plant personnel.
- Minimum 3 years verifiable industrial mechanic experience, preferably in a manufacturing facility.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must have sound organizational skills.
- Ability to provide relevant, reliable and timely information in clear manner.
- Ability to follow-through on completion of assigned tasks in timely manner.
- Able to anticipate mechanical needs and work without direction from supervision.
- Must speak fluent English.
- Must have basic arithmetic skills and ability to calculate percentages as related to assigned tasks.
- Basic computer skills for documenting and researching purposes.
- Must be proficient in use of power tools, including electrical testing and measuring equipment.
Education, Licenses & Certification
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must take and pass Bennett Mechanical Comprehension Assessment.
- Working conditions include extreme hot, cold and wet conditions.
- Frequently required to stand/walk and reach with arms and hands
- Must use hands to manipulate objects.
- Visual abilities include close and distant vision.
- Regular, consistent physical attendance.
- Rotating shifts
How did you hear about this position?