Back to Jobs
Dry End Operator
- Visually inspects stacks, packages, and labels product.
- Operates the product packaging machine.
- Operates the perforation roll.
- Operates the Cross cut and Gang saws.
- Operates the on line printer.
- Operates the various conveyers.
- Transports packaging materials to the required areas.
- Ensures smooth transition of product from laminator on through conveyors. This requires conveyor feed (manually) upon startup and clearing of jams as needed.
- Monitors board quality, facing alignment and product dimensions and communicates this information in an appropriate manner.
- Reports the lineal feet pulled/packed, scrap and package produced for each product.
- Fabricates and transports packaging materials, such as risers, edge protectors, and dunnage.
- Manufactures product samples.
- Operates mold release spray equipment.
- Performs general housekeeping, to include sweeping, emptying dumpsters, servicing the dust bricker, and picking up grounds.
- Operates a forklift to transport materials.
- Performs off-line assembly/fabrication of specialty products.
- Scrapes and cleans the laminator.
- Keeps required production records.
- Operates saw and glue systems.
- Participates in plant programs, such as safety, training, housekeeping, recycling, etc.
- Performs other related duties consistent with the nature of the job as directed by the supervisor.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to forecasting and other practical situations.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must be able to learn to operate forklift and pass licensing examination
Education, Licenses & Certification
- High school diploma or general education degree
How did you hear about this position?