Back to Jobs
Environmental Health and Safety Manager
- Serves as Team Leader for the plant safety initiatives.
Performs periodic safety inspections and audits to promote continuous compliance with OSHA requirements
and to reveal unsafe work practices and conditions.
Conducts accident/injury investigations and works with HR manager to complete all legally required
documentation and records.
- Maintains all safety and waste program-related records, manifests and associated files, including Safety Data Sheets.
Coordinates with corporate environmental and safety personnel to ensure all plant deadlines
and compliance issues are addressed timely.
- Provides technical assistance and feedback to management and production staff regarding safety and environmental issues.
- Oversees Employee Personal Protection Equipment Program and provides assistance to employees in designing and implementing ergonomically safe working environments.
- Ensures that all OSHA required training and programs are complete, up to date, and recorded.
- Responsible for working with corporate environmental to maintain and update environmental policy and procedure manuals related to the plant.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental regulations, and keeps abreast of any changes to laws and regulations that impact the plant.
- Serves as plant contact with all federal, state, and local regulatory bodies.
Monitors, records and reports daily environmental checks (stack monitoring, bag houses, Monsanto’s,
Storm water, etc.)
- Assist maintenance department in the upkeep of all pollution control equipment.
- Maintain all plant environmental records and oversee the Maintscape Environmental program.
- Ensure all compliance objectives and deadlines are met.
- Maintains wastewater compliance with city, county, state or other required entities including testing and reporting.
- Provides technical assistance for management and production staff regarding Environmental issues.
- This is a proactive role intended to take total responsibility for safety and environmental functions at the facility.
- Minimal travel requirements as determined by Plant Manager.
- OSHA 40 certification and any related environmental certifications determined by corporate.
- Minimum three (3) years working in Production/Manufacturing Environment.
- Prior Supervisory responsibilities preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Organization. Must have sound organizational skills.
- Communication. Ability to provide relevant and timely information in a clear manner both verbally and in writing.
Follow-Through. Fulfills the requirements of the position as described. Follow-through on completion of
assigned tasks in a timely manner. Anticipates what needs to be done and proceeds without direction in a timely manner
- Problem Solving. Ability to think through issues and develop solutions in a timely manner.
- Language. Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Mathematical abilities. Advanced arithmetic, statistics, algebra.
- Advanced reasoning ability. Ability to read and interpret governmental policies and procedures. Ability to present information and respond to questions from employees and all levels of management.
Competent with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, Internet, email (Lotus Notes), misc. environmental reporting software.
- Must possess an exemplary attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills
Education, Licenses & Certification
- Bachelors Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Health, Occupational Health and Safety, or related field preferred but not required.
How did you hear about this position?