Back to Jobs
- Responsible for safely performing product testing and inspection. Records results and informs production supervisor of results and compliance to specifications.
- Collaborates with operators to ensure production efficiencies and adherence to customer specifications.
- Continuous monitoring on line, including hand check bundles for tape alignment.
- Visually inspect surface of shingle for: color blends, sealant spider webbing, shadow line thickness, staining (talc or other substances), exposed laminate on weather facing.
- Perform the following shingle tests at predetermined intervals: shingle/bundle weight, back coating, granule adhesion (rubs), sealdown thickness, shingle measurements - length, width, tape position, sealdown position, verify tape and sealdown alignment.
- Alert QC lab tech and Production Superivsor immediately upon finding any quality issues/defects. Ensure defective material is segregated and labeled as seconds to be put on hold for further review.
- Monitor and record data as necessary on Quality control sheet.
- Execute sheet break recovery responsibilities when warranted.
- Consult changeover checklists between product changeovers.
- Minimum five (5) years experience working in a manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must take and successfully complete a quality inspection related aptitude test.
- Ability to think through issues and develop solutions in a timely manner.
- Must be able to accurately read and use a tape measure.
- Must be able to pass forklift operators test and safely operate a forklift.
- Must be able to distinguish colors.
- Must be able to speak fluent English.
- Must be able to work rotating shifts and overtime.
Education, Licenses & Certification
- High School Diploma or GED
How did you hear about this position?